There are No Coincidences

I love when I am reminded that God is in the details of our lives and He loves us.  He wants so much to let us feel his love and I am sure it is so hard for him to not reach through the veil and wrap us in hugs when we are struggling.  I know that he relies on us to do that for him.  I have visit taught a girl since I moved here.  She joined the church when she was a teenager because of a friend but was not active much beyond that.  She has never really attended Relief Society and wasn't sure what visiting teaching was, but she let us come.  She has three children and her husband is not a member.  She moved a while ago into the other ward boundaries but I have kept in contact with her.  Once in a while she will pop into my mind and I will shoot her a message.  In January I sent her a message that told her I was thinking about her and hoped that all was well.  She sent me back a message that it was the anniversary of her mom's death and she was having a hard day, and how did I know?  I didn't, but sent her flowers.  Her text said that she had been blessed that day in little ways and my text was one of those blessings.  Then this past Friday I had her come to my mind again and so I sent her a message that I was thinking of her and maybe we could do lunch sometime soon.  She was ten minutes from going in for her hysterectomy.  She said "you must have been listening to a voice in your ear,"  We all know where that voice comes from.  I was able to take dinner in last night and arranged a few more meals for this week.  I just love how even when I am not intending to comfort someone, God wants to comfort them and He will enlist us even when we do not even know that we are being enlisted. 

Comments

Bozie said…
Talk about great faith building experiences! I think most of the time I don't pay attention and get too wrapped up in my own life. The times I pray for Him to help me notice those who need help are the times He opens my eyes and ears to those who are needing a little extra attention. You and Ellie are both great examples of looking for others who need you!
bethouhumble said…
I love this story! So glad you were listening! She must have felt loved for sure!

Popular Posts