FATHER'S DAY 2015

FATHER'S DAY 2005



We had a wonderful weekend.  We attended stake conference Saturday night and we were inspired to do and be better.  I came away resolved to do better in my daily devotionals and prayer.  My favorite talk was from Sis Fielding and she listed Five ways to strengthen our families.
1. recognize the stewardship we have been given as parents and to be active
2. cleave to our covenants
3. Be invested-choose to serve God
4. eternal perspective- we set the tone and chose JOY
5. counsel with the Lord often.

We were counseled to develop charity by praying with all energy to be filled with that love.  See others and myself as the Savior sees us. He referenced the talk from Sis Burton in April 2015 and asked us to review the questions and how they can apply to any relationship.

Sunday session we were reminded again to live after the manner of happiness.

I think this was fitting for the boys since they are about to leave for trek tomorrow.  I thought I would share a message about families from strength of youth and how they can really affect the experience they have in their trek families as well as our own family for FHE tonight.  They can choose joy and they can live after the manner of happiness even though it will be a hard week and they will be with unfamiliar people.  If they choose to have a great attitude it can impact the others.  They are not super excited about going so I hope reviewing this message will help them get in the right spirit and try and make the most out of this experience.

For Rick's special day we made green chile pork tacos with cilantro and onions and homemade corn and flour tortillas.  (homemade by our local store not me)  We had two types of cupcakes since I have a chocolate lover and strawberry lover.  We had a lot left over, so we delivered some to a elderly brother/sister couple in our ward.  Talked to the girls and to my dad and Rick was able to speak to his mom.  This is the first Father's day without Richard so that was a little tough for everyone.  I was looking back over some pictures recently and found some with Richard in our pool having a water fight with the kids.  Such good memories.  We were blessed to be raised in homes where our fathers led us in righteousness and taught us to strive to know our Savior.  I am so grateful for both of these men.  I am especially grateful for the man that I married.  He strives everyday to be a great father and husband.  He is kind and good and loves us so much.  Plus he is dang cute!

I love this picture of Rick with his dad! 


Comments

Popular Posts