Weekend Showdowns and Beauty

Lexi proudly holding her first paycheck.  When she came home from her first day, she announced "I can no longer say I have not worked a day in my life!"  She is working for a dentist in our ward about 20 hours a week and then she is making political phone calls for another member in our ward and gets paid by the call.  She is tucking all her money away for her Spain trip in January.  She found out she was awarded full tuition for fall and winter semesters so that will also apply to her Spain trip.  We are so proud of her and so sooooo happy she is home for a while!!!  









We had a fun weekend starting with waking up and finding twin baby deer hiding in our front flower beds.  After a while one of them moved up to the front porch.  They were so sweet and the mom left them at our house all day.  We were worried that something had happened to her and so the kids went to the store and got baby bottles and milk just in case we needed them today.  We woke up this morning and they were gone, we had seen her watching our house from across the road so we knew she was still around.  Saturday Rick took six boys paint balling and I had to get a pic of Rick and his mini me.  They don't look so much a like in this picture because of the way they are posing but Caden definitely is a little Rick.  Blake, of course, doesn't like to be the same so he chose to not wear his camo gear.  While they were out playing war, Lexi and I were getting pampered.  We both have so much hair it is so nice to have someone else style in for a change.  After that we came home and Gracie thinks it is her mission to rid our yard of squirrels.  The problem is that I have a bird feeder out there and they love to come eat the seeds on the ground.  This completely offends her so all day she watches out the window and goes tearing out her doggie door in an attempt to catch them.  Sometimes when she is really sneaky she will tiptoe out the doggie door and walk softly and slowly.  Yesterday she was the closest yet to catching one.  This little guy did not see her hiding behind the tree with her little leg up. She was stock still.  The only thing that saved the squirrel and thwarted her prowess was Lexi banging on the window to alert the squirrel.  She didn't want Gracie to be bitten in the process.  Gracie gave a good chase and almost got it.  Not sure what would happen if she actually caught one.  Later that night Rick and I met up with Paul and G to go out for our anniversaries.  Theirs was in April and ours was the 15th.  We celebrated our 22 years of marriage.  I sure do love the man and he loves me.  That is such a gift!  We then came home and sang Happy Birthday to little Wyatt who turned 10. He was born on our anniversary.  He is a sweet adorable boy and it was good to celebrate a little with him.  That was our weekend and now I am about to head off to church meetings for our ward conference.  We have an awesome stake presidency and I am excited to be instructed by them!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
So glad Lexi could find a job. I would love to find a job for my two boys for the month of June! They have too much time on their hands! The fawns are adorable! I'm sure the boys had a blast with their dad and vice versa!

Popular Posts