Mother's Day Shenanigans


Last year the RS made aprons to give to the sisters and this year we decided to do this little bird nest necklace with this saying attached.  We made 60 of them and by we I mean Lexi, Rick, Katherine, and myself.  I love all things birds so hopefully the sisters will like them.   I received a card in the mail from Morgan.  She said the most beautiful things about my mothering skills, and even though she may have embellished the truth or she just remembers all the good things, it filled me with happiness.  We get to talk to her on Sunday and I think that will be hard for her.  She struggled a bit after seeing us all on Christmas.  I can relate to that.  I remember clearly the Christmas that I had just had the boys.  They were five months old, and Rick had to work that Christmas.  I was doing ok until I called my family and heard all of them together enjoying themselves as families do around the holidays.  I got off the phone eating my PB sandwich and cried.   Even though I had my four babies around me and was so grateful for everything in my life, I felt lonely in that moment.  I think Morgan experiences that when she sees us all together.  It makes it harder and the homesickness hits.  In her letter, she expresses how excited she is to see me at the airport when she is finished and that I definitely get the first hug!  My girl is not one for physical affection, so I interpreted this to mean she really has missed me!  

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Brittany doesn't think she is going to get homesick but I think she will be surprised to discover that she will. I've tried to prep her with the idea to write her feelings when she struggles with something because I think she is a bit like me and can release feelings through writing. Crayton said the missionaries who didn't have a way to deal with pressure and feelings struggled the most. It will be good to get that hug though I sure!!

Popular Posts