To Get Organized you have to get Unorganized

So when we bought this house, a cat had been living in the master closet.  There has always been a weird smell and even though we had the carpet cleaned it lingered.  The dogs also were fascinated with the smell in there.  Our plans were to just take out the carpet and put wood floor down.  When he did take the carpet out he discovered that the tub must have overflowed at some point because there was water damage under the carpet.  That must have been the weird smell.
Before he starts tearing things out!


Good heavens!  We have too much stuff.

I have a little crush on my handyman/

Wood floor finished

Paint still drying where he had to patch what he ripped out.  It is looking good.
Rick decided to actually take everything out and use the space better by putting in some container store closet components.  I had no idea how much stuff we had packed into that closet until it is laying all over our room.  We have had to sleep in Lexi's room the last two nights and we have not slept well.  We have gotten spoiled by our king sleep number bed and little Lexi's lumpy bed was not up to snuff!  Anyway here are some photos of the craziness.  We cannot get it all put back until Saturday because the container store didn't have all the things we ordered.  I am also going through my clothes and if I have not worn it or cannot fit into it, it is leaving.  We have a girl in my ward that will inherit some really nice things and she is excited.

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Looks awesome! Rick never ceases to amaze me! I'm sure the new closet will look awesome. The floor is already an improvement! Maybe we should do the same thing....take everything out and sort it and sleep in Britt's room until it's done. Might motivate us to move quickly!
Be Thou Humble said…
Looks awesome! Rick never ceases to amaze me! I'm sure the new closet will look awesome. The floor is already an improvement! Maybe we should do the same thing....take everything out and sort it and sleep in Britt's room until it's done. Might motivate us to move quickly!

Popular Posts