October!!






Getting the house ready for Halloween/Fall.  Ginger and I hadn't seen each other in a month so we planned a lunch/pedicure day.  She surprised me with this awesome wreath she made for my door.  Then I copied her and did the little skeletons for our family.  The guys are wearing little ties or bow ties and we girls have bows in our hair and tulle skirts.  Blake likes to see the house decorated for holidays and he gave me a mandate to try and have it done today so I obliged.  It was nice to have a few moments to work on something besides school, church or laundry!  The boys did really good at their meet and came in right together.  They only have two meet left!  Sunday at church we received word that a sister from our ward was in the hospital and not expected to last the day.  She hasn't been able to come to church due to health and her husband and kids are not members.  Rick and I went to the hospital which for me is HARD.  I seriously had to talk myself into walking into the room not knowing exactly what to expect but knowing that she was dying.  She was totally out of it with a breathing mask on and struggling for every breath.  Her sweet husband of 45 years was distraught and would just break down.  He spoke broken English and wanted Rick to say a prayer of comfort.  Her son and daughter were there as well.  The daughter is grown and married and the son is 19.  They aren't having a service but just a get together at the daughters home. We will provide some food for that and Bishop will go and say a few words.  Hard to see them so sad.

I am heading to the temple tomorrow to prepare myself for conference.  My usual quite conference on Sunday won't be so quite.  A new family in the ward is going to come and watch with us.  We are going to do breakfast Sunday morning (Rick's omelets) and then watch the session.  They have four kids from 3-11.  She is a fun girl!  Her husband is a doctor dealing with high risk pregnancy I think.  Don't know him at all but I guess Sunday we will!  I am so excited for the weekend.  Conference weekends are my very favorite!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Looking good! My kids would be jealous that you decorate for Halloween...I can never seem to do anything but Christmas. Good job boys! That is awesome. Running is such a hard sport...I'm always so glad it's not me out there running. I do not like hospitals either, unless it's to welcome in a new baby. Glad you could be there to lend some comfort. We're excited for Conference as well. Ours should be pretty low key! YEAH! I'm sure the other family is looking forward to watching with you.

Popular Posts