From 1 to 3!




Yesterday was a special day for our family.  I went from having one priesthood holder in my home to three!  Blake and Caden were ordained to the office of a deacon today by their dad. They looked so handsome in their new suits.  They went to their first YM activity last week and loved it and they are very glad to be moving on from Primary.   The Schoenrocks came and Paul helped with the ordination. We then came home to a fabulous meal that Rick made.  Pork Tacos and Charro Beans.  It was incredibly good and we all ate until we could eat no more.  I was thinking last night as I lay in bed how grateful I am to be raising these boys with the help of the church.  I looked around the Young Men's room at the boys and also the bishopric and their YM leaders and I felt so blessed that my boys will have these men to help guide them along with Rick and I.  I was in that moment empowered and knew that we can raise them to be righteous men.  Men that will fulfill their duty here on earth!  Sometimes in this world you just need to be reminded that you are not alone in this great and sometimes overwhelming job called parent!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
It does take a village these days to raise our kids!!! Glad you had a beautiful day together.
Bozie said…
wow!! i can't believe we will soon have a bunch of deacons in our family. your boys look so handsome in their new suits!

Popular Posts