First of all Rick looks cute as a dad of a college student!! 2nd of all WE HAVE A COLLEGE STUDENT!

There is a reason you go to school when you are young!  This dorm was pretty yucky and not much privacy.  Especially the bathroom, these girls will have to become very comfortable with each other eally quickly!


Morgan leaving her old home and her standing outside her window of her new home!  She wanted fruit pizza as her going away dessert!

After checking her in and having her get a little organized in the dorm, we took her to lunch at a super fun place in downtown provo.  She liked the vibe and the bulletin in the corner listed all the fun things happening on the weekends.  Hopefully she will find people to enjoy some of the activities with!

Lexi made this for Morgan to put in her dorm room to remind her to enjoy every moment!!



My cutie after her run was finished.  This is one of the triplets that we used to live by.  He has a little crush on Lexi but who can blame him!!
Rick, Morgan and I left Tuesday afternoon for Provo Ut and only Rick and I returned on Friday night.  It is as it should be and I handled it pretty well until Saturday morning!  We were able to spend some time with Morgan everyday in between her orientation classes.  She loves the campus and has already found some awesome study spots!  She has five roommates and they all seem to be really nice girls.  Morgan is an early riser and so I think the bathroom won't be too much of an issue for her.  She met her bishop and ward last night and was assigned a FHE group.  We said our goodbyes on Friday and I only cried a very little bit (so did Morgan and she isn't a crier!)  I think she will miss me!!  Rick and I got back at 1 am and got up early to watch Lexi run her first cross country race.  She did great and I was glad we made it in time.  As we were leaving the race, I got a phone call from Morgan and I could tell from the way she said Mom that something happened.  She was on her way to grandmas to help with a yardsale and because she was unsure of where she was going she got in an accident.  Thankfully everyone is ok!  Cars had to be towed so not sure the damage there yet.  I had a horrible Saturday thinking about the what ifs and me being so far away while my daughter was standing there alone dealing with the aftermath.  I was emotional the entire day and was rewarded with a pounding headache.  I am just extremely grateful that she is okay!   If the car is fixable, the car will remained parked at Grandpas house until she is more settled and becomes a little familiar with her surroundings.  Rick disagrees and thinks she need to drive to get familiar but for my sanity I just need to know that she is walking around!  Then today was my first Sunday sitting entirely alone during sacrament.  Rick was working in San Antonio so he attended a ward there, Lexi was giving a talk, and Blake and Caden were passing the sacrament.  Thankfully they came and sat by me after they were finished but it was a very weird feeling!  Loved the talks and loved the meetings.  I sure needed that to feel balanced and ok again to start my week and send my kids off to start their new school year!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Oh my goodness!!! What a horrible start for her and you! That would be my biggest fear--having them get in an accident or something else happen and you are so far away! I am so glad everyone is o.k. Hopefully, the worst is now over!
Cooper Squared said…
I have been thinking of you lately knowing morgan would be getting ready for school! Life Is always changing isn't it? She will do great because she has such a loving support behind her. Morgan is beautiful and looks just like you! -Therese
Bozie said…
you poor woman!! that really is so scary and to think that you had just left her safe and sound! she seemed to be bright and happy yesterday at mom and dads. we will make sure she is taken care of and will take her places that are too far to walk!!

Popular Posts