Mother's Day!

 Morgan woke up early and made this wonderful Reese's pie for our dessert today.  We are going to the Schoenrocks where Paul will make a wonderful salmon dinner and this will be our dessert.  Morgan loves to try new recipes and this one looks great so hopefully it will taste just as good!  The girls also bought me beautiful hardcover books to add to my collection.  I love the colors and I think I will have to go back and buy a few more.  They were all so beautiful.
Rick has been out of town for the past week and I won't see him until Tuesday which is our anniversary (20 years!!) But he did send me his customary poem which had my daughters thinking their dad is the best and how are they ever going to find someone like him!  He is a hard act to follow!

 You need to know I've been thinking of you
Of  your sweet ways and the things that you do
Of your tender heart that softens mine
Of you warm caress and smile divine
You're the focus of our family's home
Souls tethered to you where ere we roam
Our rudder in the storms of life
Our queen, our mom, and my sweet wife.

I sure am blessed to be spending my journey here with amazing people.


Comments

Bozie said…
as usual, i have tears come to my eyes as i read your post! such a sweet hubby and thoughtful children!! you are indeed a very blessed mother!
Be Thou Humble said…
What long hair you have! Love the poem and so glad he was able to be part of your mother's day even when he was away. I forgot your anniversary is the same day as Britt's birthday. Hope you have something fun planned. 20 years is quite a milestone these days! Good job Morgan with the pie! I think that looks like one I would have loved!!! Happy Mother's Day!

Popular Posts