

We are experiencing some cold weather for good old Texas. A freeze warning tonight!! The boys helped me make three fleece tie blankets tonight as part of the advent calendar and they will be delivered to a nursing home tomorrow. We made two girlie ones and one guy one. Caden tied really tight and Blake not so much so they are a little uneven but they were cute doing it. The girls froze during soccer tonight and Morgan is wondering what she got herself into. She came home still freezing and had to have some hot chocolate!! I am excited for their first games though. We got our little tree yesterday and it is a touch past pitiful. We couldn't go to our normal tree farm because of all the rain and so we just went to the local grocer and picked one off the lot. It is losing needles and sadly drooping on day two and then Rick and the boys picked out new lights since half of our strands stopped working last year. I have a hodge podge light selection. Some blink some are red and green big bulbs (I prefer little lights) some are little, some are steady. I mean it is a smorgasbord of color. Blake's set came complete with remote control and he can choose different colors and different blinking. It is quite the circus but they think it is lovely so that is what matters (I guess) I keep telling myself that when I walk in there. I really do think that we are going to have to get another one. Rick called it a humble tree and usually the saying goes "pride goeth before the fall" but I am thinking the exception might be our tree. Humble as she may be I see a fall in her future!
Comments