Thanksgiving 2010


Since we are away from family, I will give you a snapshot of our day so that you can pretend we were all together. Woke up and the family (minus Caden he was to into his Harry Potter book) went for a run. We were going to sign up for a Turkey trot but our weather was supposed to be horrible. I am a fair weather runner at best so when we woke up and the weather was beautiful we decided to just run in our neighborhood. Blake didn't make it very far so Rick turned around with him and headed back early. It was a great start to the day and then cleaned up and started cooking. We opted for ham this year. My kids all love ham and it is easy. Rick did try his hand at making homemade stuffing somewhat like my parents do with biscuits and potatoes. He made one kind with sausage and one without. It was delicious. As we were cooking, the girls were reading and the boys were playing war with their super heroes. I think this was our tastiest Thanksgiving that we have done on our own yet. Caden said "wow we get to eat in the seminary room!"
Menu: Ham, Potatoes, Stuffing, Asparagus, Mushroom Gravy, Rolls, Spinach Dip, Olives, Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Pie, Cheesecake = STUFFED
We just had a great time enjoying each other around the table and then after clean up, some people went for a nap. Rick has to work tonight, so I think the girls and I will watch the TCM (turner classic movie channel) They have some great old movies playing! Our cold front just hit and dropped from 75 to 42 in a few minutes it seemed. We have been truly blessed in our lives with health and happiness and the good news of the gospel. It is great to be aware of the "pinch me" kind of moments and then realize that you are awake and this is your life. Today was one of those days, I love my husband and children and being with them is such a gift. Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!


Comments