Sabbath Observance = Gratitude

Today our lesson in seminary discussed the Sabbath and how holy we should view it. I know that this lesson was for me as well as all my students. We watched an amazing video from Elder Holland that had me looking at my Sabbath observance with a more critical eye. Do I really show appreciation to my Savior for all he has given me and he has given me much by setting aside this day to rejuvenate physically but more importantly spiritually. I saw in my life much needed improvement in this. One step I am going to take, which I have done at random times, is have my dress reflect the holy day. I usually come home and slip on some comfy clothes. I know that if I keep my best dress on I will be reminded throughout the day that it is a special, sacred day. I also would give Blake his spelling words on Sunday. We work on them a lot to be able to do ok. I recently let that go and don't do any studying with him on Sunday regardless. I cannot tell you how refreshing my Sundays have been with just that small change. I was reading someones post a day before my lesson and they were reflecting on how grateful they were that they could attend their church on Saturday or Sunday so they went on Saturday night and went to Sams and out to eat on Sunday. I don't know how people have gotten away from honoring the Sabbath. It has been since the creation! Elder Holland implored us to defend the Sabbath, I know we have had to do that in our community. It is all tied to commitment and gratitude and Sunday observance is a direct reflection on both of those things!

Comments

Bozie said…
yes, i think most of us could improve our sabbath worship and dedicate the whole day to the Lord and not just for 3 hours of the day.
Chrissy said…
I know we can definitely improve. We only watch "church" movies on Sundays- but somehow once the kids are in bed- it doesnt feel like sunday anymore and we watch sports or whatever. I think each sacrifice we make to dedicate the day to the Lord is met with blessings. Nice post- Was that a talk by Elder Holland- or a teaching aide video?
Daniels Six said…
It was a seminary video and he talked to them from his office. Great insight and challenges.

Popular Posts