With the guys gone, I have found that I have a lot of free time on my hands. I have realized my girls are pretty much independent. They don't require me to cook, clean, read to etc. I have had a very quiet week. I was reading in the Ensign this week a talk by Boyd K Packer on the tree of life. As I was reading I was so moved by the story he shared of a family in which the husband started making poor choices and was letting his grip slip from the iron rod, so then his wife is clinging to the rod with one hand and him with the other until he let go. I found myself picturing myself on a boat in the ocean with my children all around me and we capsize. I felt the panic as I cling to the boat and cling to my children and not wanting to see them let go. In that moment it felt so real and so critical that we heed the words of our living prophet that we teach our children by word and example about Jesus Christ and our purpose here on earth. They need to be strong enough to hang on to that rod and never let go. I have such a responsibility to make sure their grip is strong and that mine is as well. I know that I would do everything in my power to save my children from physical harm. I need to make sure I am doing everything in my power to protect them from spiritual harm.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular Posts
Birthday Celebration 55!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps


Comments