Ripping off the Bandaid!!
For Family Home Evening last night we talked about our media choices and read what the strength of youth said. We decided to go through our video cabinet and purge. We only have G, PG's and PG-13 and some tv series on DVD. I have been feeling strongly that we needed to do this for quite some time, but as our stake president says we all have our favorite little sin and by gosh and by golly I like my shows. After we had our lesson, we went into the TV room and held up each video and had a discussion. Some were surprisingly easy to part with, others there was a mutiny. It was very apparent that someone didn't want us giving them up. But we persevered and ended up with three trash bags full of videos and video games. YIKES. It felt really good and I am excited to make better choices for my family.


Comments