Morgan's Camera






Morgan doesn't like pictures taken so I am very fortunate that she took some!! Morgan loves EFY for the spiritual side of it, she doesn't like the social aspect of it. I think having her love books and being so comfortable in that world where she hasn't interacted with people has been a bit of a negative. I have always loved that she gets such joy from reading, but know I see that she has a hard time fitting in with her peer group. She doesn't enjoy it, the small talk, being outgoing, We had a good talk last night and I know that I was very similiar to her and still am. I am not outgoing in groups and lack the confidence to totally be me. I have this amazing, beautiful, talented daughter and I am sad she feels that way too! She come off as snobby I guess or she was told the guys didn't think she liked them. She is going to try and interact more. I told her practice makes perfect, but since it is something I struggle with too, I am not a very good example!! I am glad she will go to these things even though she knows it will put her outside her comfort zone!!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Since when have you not been comfortable in a group?!!! You have always been the life of the party! I know you prefer one-on-one but when I think of you I think of "out going"! You must disguise your feelings well! Morgan is a beautiful girl! Hopefully she'll be able to learn how to enjoy others and stay true to herself at the same time! She can do it!
Bozie said…
it seems to run in the family. i didn't mind playing sports in front of people but didn't enjoy talking one on one. i remember sitting in study hall waiting for the bell to ring so i could get up and go to the bathroom-i wouldn't get up by myself because i didn't want people to watch me:) the church has a way of helping us overcome our shyness though!

Popular Posts