Conference/Easter Weekend

Caden and Alexis'  Easter Baskets. She loves cows especially the Scottish highland cow. 

Tulips are my very favorite and they are always available during Easter!



I could not find the right biscuits to make my monkey bread and the ones I could find had butter in them.  I had to cook it forever for them to be done but it did taste good.

They put us together a basket too!

Jenessa sent me this picture of Elarae using the conference packet I had included with the crayons in her basket. She said they were so excited and kept saying was it time to get in their baskets.  

My T-shirt that was in my basket :)

Rick's!

My conference watching party

They made this delicious banana dessert, (Alexis did, Caden cut the bananas!). It had nutmeg sprinkled on top and was delicious.

I had sent Ivy an animated video called forevergreen  about a bear and a tree and it was basically a kid version of someone giving their lives for their friend and there is no greater love.  It could tie into Easter.  This is her face after watching it . Lexi said it "wrecked them". Lexi is crying too! It was very well done!

On our RS group me page they posted the missionary meal calendar and no one had signed up for Friday, Saturday or Sunday!  I think because we only had one hour church last week and it wasn't passed around. So I texted them to come for Easter lunch in between sessions. Then I saw that someone took them for breakfast and then while they were having lunch with us a family texted them to watch the afternoon session and have dinner so they were well taken care of today.  The elder in the sweater is hilarious and I was laughing  until I cried several times.  He is darling.  The other elder we just got Tuesday so this was our first meeting. He is also great.  We had a lovely meal of ham, potatoes, rolls, gravy, salad with sugared almonds and strawberries, asparagus.  For dessert we had Rice Krispie treats (cadens' request) bundtinis and the bananas dessert.  So good!  



 Loved, loved conference and President Oaks' promise that as we study these talks the next few months we will have access to personal revelation and help in living the principles talked about.  I am so excited to study these amazing talks that focused so much on Jesus and walking with him!  We have loved having Alexis.  She is so easy to have as a houseguest.  She just makes herself to home.  Caden met her older sister that lives in Arizona.  They have three kids.  Two boys and one girl.  One boy is on a mission in Nebraska I think.  Caden met the other sister in Utah in February when he went to the weddings with her.  They have four kids and one on a mission.  They live in Saratoga Springs.  I saw pics and they look like great people.  Her sisters are both in their upper 40's.  And then her youngest sister is 23 and she is expecting her 2nd girl.  

Comments

bethouhumble said…
What a wonderful weekend! Ivys fave is cracking me up! She feels deeply Gigi!

Popular Posts