Rick turns 56!

Slept in until 7:30 which is late for us!  Max was not complaining

Spent yesterday and some of today working on the landscaping.  This section had very little dirt and it runs off to the sidewalk so he capped off one sprinkler and we planted things in pots that I had around.  We will plant a couple of lantanas into the dirt but mostly keep it like this.  He put weed barrier down before we put the mulch to hopefully help with weeds.  

He took a huge load of dead plants and leaves to the dump this morning that we worked on yesterday.  He is digging a trench to bury a  pipe to help with the drainage.  The previous owners had some flower beds put in with rock borders but they did not account for runoff and so it just pools and takes all the dirt and mulch from the beds and runs over on the sidewalk. He is trying to rectify that.  We are trying to choose low maintenance plants that will come back every year with minimal effort.  The back yard still needs a lot of work.  We have planted several trees along the rock wall and took out some dead stuff.  We are meeting up with the Schoenrocks for a birthday dinner so he will enjoy that!  

His last MRI showed a concerning spot which I guess he knew about when he read the report but did not tell me until he met with the oncologist.  I knew something was up when I got a calendar notification that he would be seeing Dr V in three months instead of the usual six months. I texted him right away to say what is up?  So they don't know if it is regrowth of the tumor which is common with the kind he has or if it was just the way the MRI caught something.  They will do a different test in three months to see if it is there or changed or what they are dealing with.  We just had a lady in our stake die from this tumor so it was a little sobering for me.  She was diagnosed at 27 and she lived until 55.  She was able to raise her four kids to adulthood and had ten grandkids.  Her husband was in our stake presidency and Rick was on the high council with him.  Rick took care of Elizabeth a couple times when her symptoms were bad.  She kept having regrowth and she had seizures with hers.  Rick is not very seizure prone because even with his bad brain bleed he never had a seizure thank goodness.  So I was watching a tribute to Elizabeth for her funeral and she was talking about her life with this illness and so with it coming on the heels of Rick's news I was a bit down but I know that I can only control what I can control and I need to trust God and leave the stuff I cannot to Him.  I am hoping for many more birthdays with him!


 

Rick picked Pappadeaux's for his birthday dinner. 

Lexi sends Rick is favorite Jimmy John's sub every year for is birthday. She also had oreos delivered!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
He knows how to celebrate!🤪.

Popular Posts