Busy Saturday
Saturday I left my house at 7:15 to head to Benbrook Park to set up the registration table for the service project we were doing for the day of service. We were mulching and clearing two parks for the city. We had around 400 people attend. After that I was in charge of refreshments for Sawyer the boy above's baptism. Chelsea his mom got active a couple years ago and she remarried Nick. He is a body builder guy and he is the father of Rowdy the little boy. Sawyer is 12 so he is a convert baptism. I found this cute S at Hobby Lobby that you could fill with treats so I ordered two dozen buntini's and put several of those in the S and then the rest on a cake plate. I got spinach dip with crackers, cantaloupe. choc chip cookies and a bowl of candy for the little kids. Nick was just baptized not long ago and was able to baptize Sawyer. He also gave the talk of baptism and Chelsea said the prayer. Nick thinks of himself as his dad even thought Sawyer goes to his bio dad every other week. Nick said in his talk that they had done a lot of great things together and won lots of championships. Sawyer is a great athlete but he said by far the greatest honor was being able to baptize him and to see body builder Nick get choked up was so tender. Came home and watched Larkrise to Candleford for a bit!



Comments