Sunday! Divine Orchestration!









 I loved my studies this week and I was very tearful yesterday in my prayers and just had no real reason except for the overwhelming feeling of God's goodness to his children and I just had so much gratitude that it bubbled out of my eyes.  Then today I was going over the story of the stripling warriors and was listening to a podcast by Bonnie Cordon and Barbara Morgan Gardiner. They were talking about the youth and the young adults of this time.  Barbara is a religion  professor at BYU and she said she is often tutored by the students and their insights.  They pointed out that Helamen trusted these young men and when they were facing a difficult decision he did not tell them what to do. He explained the situation and asked them what they would do.  They declared they had faith and trust that God would protect them and so they would go.  I find as I lead the young women, I often don't give them a lot of responsibility because I feel they won't follow through and it is easier for me to just do it, but when I have trusted them I am often blown away.  Some of their spiritual thoughts they prepare are so insightful. So as I was listening to their thoughts I had the thought that Caden was going to be called to serve in the Bishopric.  I was like where did that thought come from.  I figured that he would serve sometime in in life but the thought was he will be called soon.  We went to church and Caden called us around 5:30 and we were talking about his week and after a while he said I got a new calling today and the minute he said it, I knew what it was.  He has been called to serve as the 2nd counselor in the bishopric.  I love how I was able to tell him my experience that morning  and reaffirm that this call was from the Lord.  The stake president told him that his call was inspired and was what the Lord wanted him to do.  I love how I was able to be a 2nd witness to that.

Then in our YW lesson Sarah (advisor) shared a powerful story of how good God is and how tenderly he takes care of his children.  When she was pregnant with her 2nd child she was so sick and was hospitalized to just keep her alive.  She had a lot of complications and even had a pulmonary embolism.  She said it was during covid and so she was alone in the hospital.  She said she has never been so low and did not think she could get lower.  She finally has the baby and was able to go home but soon after at his check up they found a heart problem and told them there was a good possibility that he would not make it.  She said she found out she could hit a new low and thought was the last several months not worth it and I am going to lose this baby.  The very day she got the news a sister in her ward stopped by with yellow flowers (her favorite color of flowers) She said I was at the store and a voice said to me, Sarah Woods needs yellow flowers so here I am. She had no idea that Sarah had just received that news, but God did and he sent her a hug from heaven to let her know, he saw her and loved her.  Her little guy Owen made it through the surgery and he is a darling four year old boy today!  I love love those stories! 

Rick and I are trying to fly out this weekend so that Rick can ordain Caden as a high priest and they will sustain him Sunday.  We are waiting to see if they can do it before church or Saturday night because Rick works Friday and works Monday!  But we should be able to go to sacrament before heading to the airport.

Comments

bethouhumble said…
What a tender mercy and I love that you were able to be a second witness for Caden...so he "cannot doubt it, (my) mother knew it!"
Daniels Six said…
I love that thought and tie in!!

Popular Posts