How We Have Seen God in our Lives



 I taught the lesson in young women yesterday and since they are starting school this week, I took liberty with the lesson a little bit.  I told them I wanted them to know and practice three things heading into the school year.  1) was the power of knowing who they are as daughters of God.  We talked about the importance of positive thinking and talking about themselves and others.  I used Ellie's I am handout and that was a great activity for them.  They each pulled out a color popsicle stick with the scripture on it and looked it up and then wrote down the word.  We then went around the room and they said their I am statement.  2) Look and see how God is showing up and letting them know He loves them and is aware of them.  I told them the story of the Israelites crossing the River Jordan on dry ground as God parted the water.  Joshua was then told to send twelve men back and gather large boulders from the middle of the river and stack them as a reminder to them and their children of what God did.  I also shared how David after killing Goliath took his armor and put it in his tent as a reminder of what God did for him.   I gave them each a rock and had them take five minutes to depict a time they knew that God was there for them and if they felt like sharing it they could or they could pass.  As they were thinking I shared my story of the hornet in my bird feeder.  I had shared it before, but reminded them of how tenderly God watches over and just like our I AM activity I was protected.  We had 15 girls there and all but three shared.  Two that don't normally talk shared and it was so good.  3) was tied into the Come Follow Me on repentance and I shared a clip from Sis Runia about the goodness of Jesus Christ and the joy that comes from repentance which is just a turning again to Christ.  

I put cute mom on here with her dog, Dottie.  I snapped this when I was there.  Mom gets up pretty faithfully around 6:30-:6:45 to beat the head that Utah is having to walk Dottie.  She has been so good for her and really was a tender mercy and just what mom needed to feel safe and secure in her home.  Dottie is a huge fan of mom and they are quite the pair!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Sounds like it went well and will be a good reminder as they start school. I would love to have heard what they shared! That's a good thing to think about!

Popular Posts