Girls Camp Santa Rita Ward






I had brought cute decorations but when we got to the cabin it was so crowded and messy once the girls got all their stuff that we didn't want to add any more chaos.  So we hung the theme and the stars with their names on it and called it good. 


 The girls met up at my house Monday and we were on the road by 1:15.  The camp was in the middle of nowhere and took 2 1/2 hours to get there.  Rick had his appointment with Dr. Kemper at 1:45.  I was 1/2 way there when he called and said that Dr. Kemper wanted to operate Thursday morning at 7:00 am.   Rick told him that I was at girls camp and could we wait until Monday which he replied no!  Some of the other YW leaders knew the situation and told me that they could replace me part way so I stayed until Wednesday at noon and then Sarah came that night and stayed until they checked out Friday at 9:00 am. The camp was pretty bad.  The first night our cabin was so hot.  The window unit was not working so our girls could not sleep.  We had some tears from the 11 year olds from over tiredness.  Then the food was probably the worst food I have ever eaten.  The camp provided it and would not let us bring in our own cooks.  The girls dreaded every meal.  The next night they found a cabin right by ours that was smaller but the AC worked.  It only had 8 beds and we needed 11 but we found 3 cots to bring in and that was a much better night.  I had trouble with IBS and I am sure it was just the stress of Rick's situation.  I didn't feel like I was stressing but my body was telling me different.  The girls were such great sports about the camp and they had positive attitudes.  I was very proud of them.  I realized that I am not a good fit for camp physically.  My back was killing me by the end of day 2 and I could not get comfortable.  Sitting without back support and sleeping on cots is just not a good thing for my back at all.  Wednesday I headed home and arrived around 3.  I hurried and took a shower and headed to Austin.  I was a bit nervous about finding my way to the parking garage and then finding Rick since the hospital is in downtown Austin and the hospital is huge.  I prayed that the Lord would help me.  One of my tender mercies happened while at camp and also the week before.  Friday I had scheduled Rick and I to go to the temple for our monthly trip In the prayer circle the officiator said that those in the circle would see miracles in their lives and would receive the answers and help that we had come there to receive.  Then at camp during DEAR (drop everything and read) I just randomly opened my Scriptures and it opened to Mormon 9 with verse 18 at the top of the page it reads  And who shall say that Jesus Christ did not do many mighty miracles? And there were many mighty miracles  wrought by the hands of the apostles.  And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to  be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God, and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles. 21 Behold I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ , doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted unto him and this promises is unto all even unto the ends of the earth..  

As I sat there and read that first verse, I just felt the Lord telling me that he saw me, that he knew what was going on and that it was going to be ok. I love little hugs from heaven. 

Comments

bethouhumble said…
I'm sorry it was so miserable! Our girls are tenting it but only two nights and three days! I love when I realize Gods hand in my life! Glad you are recognizing and seeing the miracles around you!

Popular Posts