Coming Home

In the car heading home Saturday at noon.


This was me five years ago in the same hospital when he had his first brain surgery!

Dr. Kemper's assistant came in and pulled the drain and put a staple in.  Rick said it was probably like getting your ears pierced.  We had not looked under the hat until then and it was quite a cut.  

He was unhooked from some things so he could get out of the bed.  

Changed into his clothes and getting ready for departure

Came home and after lunch he crawled in bed with faithful Max watching over him.  I ran to the pharmacy to get his meds.  He is very happy to be home.  

 I was able to find my way in the hospital and also get my car and find the entrance where they brought him out and I was very proud of myself since I struggle with directions!  Rick will take it easy for the next two weeks and will meet with Dr. Kemper for followup on the 20th. Hopefully everything will look great.  Rick already feels so much better with the blood gone.  He is feeling more sharp and the fogginess is gone. His vision is also improved from what it was.  All in all feeling so blessed,  he never had a seizure and he continues to be watched over.  


Comments

bethouhumble said…
That is amazing to be sure! Dogs seem to know when someone needs a guardian!

Popular Posts