De Ja Vu


Eating his dinner meal Wednesday night and then no more food or liquids until after surgery.  I spent the night in a chair that reclined pretty flat so I slept pretty good. 




 They came and got him at 6 am Wednesday morning and took us to the operating floor.  After getting his paperwork signed, Dr. Kemper came in and told me that he was thinking of a silver dollar sized hole and would be about a 40 minute procedure.  They wheeled him away around 7:30 and I went in the same waiting  room that I was in 5 years ago for his brain resection from Dr. Kemper.  I got a phone call at 8:10 from the nurse that he was under and that they were starting and all was going well.  A little after 9, Dr. Kemper came and told me that it went well but he ended up doing a craniotomy and that it was quite a mess in there.  He said there was a lot of old dried blood and he removed a clot and some membranes and there was an active bleed that he fixed and sent the blood off for cultures. He told me they would call me from the ICU when he was in the room.  Always such a relief when you hear that the surgery went well.  (all the white stuff in the X-rays was blood and that is why he did not want to wait until Monday)

Comments

bethouhumble said…
His poor head! What an ordeal! I'm glad you were there!

Popular Posts