Fathers Day
A great Father's Day! I kept asking Rick what he wanted for his meal and dessert and he couldn't decide. We went to the store Saturday and he decided he wanted pork tacos and key lime pie. So we got the stuff we needed. We had Grey until Sunday at 11:00 so while I entertained him, Rick put the pork and jalapeños in the crockpot. We got ready for church and I filled in in primary so all the brothers could have the day off to attend Sunday School. I was with five five year olds. They were adorable. I looked up their names before getting in there and so I greeted them as friends. They were like how do you know us?? I said I just know a lot of things! :) I love that age group. We came home and had our tacos and they were amazing. I think better than ever but it might be that we had not had them in a while and forgot how good they were. He makes the best homemade guacamole and the lime juice over everything just makes it extra! He talked to the kids and Lexi was saying how she wants to instill in Ivy confidence and not worry about what the world thinks of her. Lexi has always been so good at knowing she is enough and any room she walks into she walks in with confidence. It doesn't matter is she up five/ten pounds, not made up, hair in a bun, dressed in whatever, she walks in any room with confidence in herself. She was reading a study and it said it had a lot to do with how they were treated by their dads and she said that Rick always built her up and told her she was amazing and could do whatever she wanted. I think that is true but I also think it is just a gift that Lexi has. She knows who she is and whose she is. We were watching the mentalist this week and there was a line that Jane said that was just so profound. It was talking about those that are wealthy and getting special treatment and Jane said "once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back in the same box." I love that reminder and that our God is not a respecter of persons. We are all valuable to him!






Comments