Keep Swimming

 Keep swimming Ivy girl!

 TS Eliot "Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?  Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? "  This was quoted in my come follow me study to go along with the 1 Corinithians 14:10 There are, it may be so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification ."

I think about how many voices we can be bombarded with every day with the technology we have at our finger tips.  So many different voices and if we listen to them even if we may not intend they have significance in our lives and can deceive us unless we are very cognizant of that and combat that with the voices of truth.  In a talk by Elder Faust he lists some things we need to spiritually survive.

1-exercise moral agency wisely.  Amaleki said "there is nothing which is good save it comes from the Lord; and that which is evil cometh from the devil."  Every moment demands that we choose, over and over again between that which if from the Lord and that which is not.

2-have a purpose .  We need to always remember why we are here and what our eternal goal is

3-We must strengthen our testimony.  Study the plan of salvation and learn of our relationship to God.  

4-Search the scriptures they are the "voice of the Lord and the power of God unto salvation."  

When I think of choosing conversion everyday I always think of the salmon swimming up stream and it takes great effort and determination on their part but they know what they are working toward.  It is for the very survival of their offspring. So they never give up, if they did they would lose the ground they had gained and go back.  I hope and pray that I can keep swimming, fighting against the current and deceptions of our day, and always keep my eye on the goal of eternal life with my family and my Heavenly Parents.  I pray that my kids and grandkids will do the same because their very eternal survival depends on it.  






Comments

Popular Posts