The Ordinary, Extraordinary moments
![]() |
| Match made by heaven |
My study today was the talk by Sis Cordon , Never give up an opportunity to testify of Christ. I loved the talk and it made me think of how in the south people just talk freely of Christ. I am often told to have a blessed day when I check out of a store or even a fast food line. They just naturally bring up Christ and I think we as members are more hesitant. One person shared that maybe the conversations would just happen naturally if living with Jesus was our natural life. They talked about how we don't need to testify of big things and think that that is the only way to talk of Him, but we know that He is in the very details of our lives and sometimes we miss it. Mom talked about how she bore her testimony on Sunday about how she knows that Dottie was sent to her. It didn't make sense on paper that she would be a good fit, and we all tried to discourage her, but mom knew the feeling that she had when she saw her picture and the spirit will trump logic every time. Dottie has been a blessing, and I love that she testified of this tender mercy.
William Martin an author said "Do not ask your children to strive for extraordinary lives. Such striving may seem admirable, but it is the way of foolishness. Help them instead to find the wonder and the marvel of an ordinary life. Show them the joy of tasting tomatoes, apples and pears. Show them how to cry when pets and people die. Show them the infinite pleasure in the touch of a hand . And make the ordinary come alive for them. The extraordinary will take care of itself. "
I love that. It is the small and simple things that we do everyday that will lead to a relationship with our Savior and that relationship nourished everyday will lead to the extraordinary of eternal life.



Comments