Talks in Church and Tender Mercies




 We were asked to give talks today and I have not done then since before Rick was bishop.  I made him a deal that I wouldn't have to.  That is how much I do not like it.  I get so nervous that I get emotional and just feel embarrassed.  We were given our topics a couple weeks ago and mine was How does God help us in our trials.  I would have thoughts and talks or things I had seen come to my mind over the two weeks and I would jot them down on my notes. So when I put it together it was rather easy.  I fasted to be able to deliver it calmly and that I would not get emotional.  I walked out of my room and headed to the front of the house and this cardinal was sitting on the tree by my window.  I love cardinals and always get so happy then I see them.  I saw this as a little love note from heaven that all was going to be okay.    I was calm right up until the moments before I stood up and my heart started to race, but then the miracle happen. I felt complete peace.  I delivered it, and could just feel my voice settle and not be quaky or nervous sounding.  Rick was behind me and he told me he would be praying for me like they used to do on the mission for their companions.  It worked. Rick was amazed at how put together I seemed! Elder Bednar described "the Lord's tender mercies are very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection assurance, guidance, loving-kindness, consolation and support.  I felt that I was a recipient of these blessings today!

Talked to Caden and he also gave a talk!  His was on taking upon you the name of Christ.  I guess he was told by several people that he did an awesome job.  



Comments

bethouhumble said…
Such a sweet tender mercy! I’m so glad you were able to share your thoughts and was able to remain calm. Heavenly Father knew it was important to you. I’m sure the ward appreciated being able to hear from the two of you before you leave.

Popular Posts