We had a lovely Sabbath where we had the Sigersons, Wilma and the missionaries over for dinner.  We made charro beans, pork tacos, corn on the cob and moms pudding cake for dessert.  We had a lot of laughs.  I received a lovely thank you note from a new family that Rick and I had helped move in.  I really liked the poem she included "Your immediate generous kindness reminds me of this poem that shares the feelings and gratitude of my heart.:  

"My greatest joy on earth shall be, To find at the turning of every road, the strong hand of a comrade kind, to help me onward with my load.  But since I have no gold to give and only love can make amends.  My daily prayer in life shall be "God make me worthy of my friends."  

I loved that sentiment and never heard it before.  They are a really sweet family with four young children and we can already tell they will be a wonderful addition to our ward family!

My yard and trees were so lovely this morning as I was out watering my plants that I had to take some pictures.   Life is beautiful!


My mini rose bush I planted in memory of dad


I was out feeding the birds and adding chemicals to the pool and when I looked up this is what I saw.  My purple crepe myrtle's were loaded and so pretty!



  We have several crepe myrtles in our yard and this is the season they are stunning!


Comments

bethouhumble said…
I love seeing the different flowers. So very lovely! That was a sweet note. Love it!

Popular Posts