Gardener






So I am reading from my books that I have gathered, and I read a concept that really made me stop and think.  The author was telling about a time in her life that was challenging and the storms of life just seemed to be relentless.  She was sitting in the pew at church and the sacrament prayers were being said.  She heard them say that they are willing to  take upon you the name of thy son, and she had the though "which name"  She then turned to the bible dictionary and searched through the names and one stood out to her, Shiloh, meaning tranquil and peace.  That became her word that week when times were hard and she felt fear, she would whisper that name and feel peace.  Each week she would focus on another name of the Savior to draw strength from or take upon herself to embody.  I loved that concept and I was thinking about that yesterday.  Mary mistook Christ for the gardener and how fitting that she did, for a gardener is one who nurtures and helps things grow, they are caring and patient, loving and kind are are willing to cut and prune where needed to allow for the best growth.  It also made me think of my father who was a gardener all of his life.  I know that gardener is not one of the names of Christ we often think of, but it made me want to think on that name for him this week and try to work on those attributes associated with the image of a gardener. 


Comments

Popular Posts