Back to Seattle via Train




Sitting on the amtrak train ready to head back to the USA

This bakery is famous I guess and had long lines.  It wasn't that great!

The locks where they have two different water levels and so the boats have to go into this holding area while the water is raised or lowered after the doors are shut to match the level of the water they are going to.  It was fascinating.

Canadian geese were everywhere

Gas works that has been turned into a park.  The marines were doing some serious exercises here!

We flew back to Austin Saturday night and got home about 12:45 at night.  We had church the next morning and that came early.  We both took naps after church.  It was such a lovely trip and we wore ourselves out.  There was lots of walking, riding bikes, climbing stairs, etc.  I loved seeing a part of the country I had never seen before!  Rick had a dream while we were gone that seemed very real to him.  I had given away Gracie in exchange for four cocker spaniels.  He was so mad at me and tried to get her back.  I think he missed her and she sure missed us.  The squealing that went on when we walked in the door Saturday was ear piercing.  She did calm down and slept with us after she got lots of attention.  With my back to back trips, Utah and then this one, I am ready to stay put for a bit.  I have a couple weeks until I start the internship and 2 classes.  I am so dreading trying to juggle it all but hopefully I can manage it. 

Comments

bethouhumble said…
What a beautiful trip (other than the hardship on your heels). You two look so cute in every picture! Why did your selfies turn out so much better than our selfues?! Glad you had such a wonderful break before the school stuff all starts

Popular Posts