!2 year old Wyatt is now the same height as 21 year old Lexi!
The three amigos back together again.  So excited for Taylor!

 Caden with the JV tennis team at Meet the Eagles.  He is such a cute boy.
Schoenrocks hike the Y!

Rick and I headed to San Antonio on Thursday and went to the temple and stayed the night.  The next morning we visited with Chrissy for a bit and then headed home and stopped off at the outlet malls for a bit of back to school clothing for the boys.  Made it home by 4 and picked up Caden to go see Ben Hur.  Blake wasn't interested in going. I thought it was good.  Then Saturday morning we were up at 6:30 to head to a house that had been affected by the flooding for help in repairs.  This stage was a lot of dry wall repair and replacing doors/windows.  This was outside my scope of expertise, but Rick was very helpful.  The boys and I were more gophers and I was busy sweeping up all the damaged dry wall and trying to keep the place somewhat clean, since the family is still living there.  There were three older women and three of their small grandchildren.  We got the new doors hung with new door jams, the new windows installed and all the damaged sheetrock replaced and mudded/taped. The next group will come in and do another mudding and then sanding and get it ready for painting.  We were there until around 2.  We had 20 from our ward come and 3 from the other ward in Georgetown so we had lots of help.  I love having my boys have the opportunity to serve and even though it was difficult for Blake, he did amazing.  I was so proud of him!  Caden worked along side Rick and learned how to tape and mud.  He got right in there and worked.  I am hoping Jeanne will post some pics on facebook  so I can add them.

Comments

Bozie said…
Haha poor Lexi! She's perfect at her little 5'2 self. Is that what she is? Sounds like quite a project to tackle as a ward. They are lucky there are so many that know how to do those kind of repairs. I'm sure it was a real challenge for Blake but he did it! That says a lot about how he doesn't give up and keeps trying!
bethouhumble said…
So neat to have a project that you can all work on together! I'm sure it was greatly appreciated! My boys need those skills!

Popular Posts