Christmas Day 2015









Blake Jesse woke up at 1:30 and just sat my his stocking and tree until we all woke up.  He is my child who loves holidays and is so excited he cannot stand it.  It literally almost kills him.  My girls love this about him.  Rick had gotten up at 5:30 to let Gracie out of our room and there was Blake.  Pretty soon, Lexi joined him and around 6 the other two kids came down.  We started with a prayer and then watched this video of Christ through Joseph's eyes.  It was touching and so I was bawling.  We were previously assigned a different title that has been given to Christ and we each went around and talked about that title and what our Savior means to us.  I loved it.  We then got to opening gifts.  The boys didn't have too much to open because they got bigger presents.  Caden got a bow and arrows and some little animals to shoot at.  Blake got his gun and a zombie target to shoot at.  He also loved his bracelet from Grandparents and on his instagram picture he is wearing it as he tries out his new gun.  I loved my pinky and blueboy prints my mom sent.  They were immediately hung in my bathroom that has that old vintage feel.  Lexi is busy painting my owls my mom sent.    Caden also got a chess set and he and Lexi played.  He lost!  Lexi got a few clothes but mainly she got medical supplies that she needed for nursing school.  She also got scrubs and once Rick sews on her nursing patches, I will take a pic of her in them.  Morgan got clothes, shoes and a gift card to Barnes and Nobles so she can pick out her books and not carrying them back in the suitcase.  The girls are sporting the grandparent windbreakers and will have to all take a group shot when they get back to Utah with Alisa, Rachel, and Bozie.  We then went to the Schoenrocks and took some family pics since the girls are home and had lunch/dinner.  Paul made prime rib and we brought ham.  Rick made this amazing sausage stuffing and we had a fun time. The boys were able to use there gifts on their property.  We then split up and the boys went to a movie and the girls went to a different one.  Neither choice ended up being too good.  Rick is back at work today and I think the kids are planning on going to the aquarium.  The kids made the best gift for Rick and I.  They had questions that they asked each person about Rick or I.  I was interviewed for Rick and he was intereviewed for me.  They videotaped our interviews and then they put it all together and we watched it Christmas Eve.  It was so touching and had some laughs as well.  Once they get it on a drive, I will try and upload it.  I look a hot mess, but Rick and the kids look stunning.  I, of course, am emotional, which they exploit for laughs during the video.  I love my family and that was such an amazing gift I will always treasure!

Comments

Popular Posts