Bishop Daniels

Rick was called, set apart and sustained as our Bishop today.  It was so weird to have him referred to as Bishop.  That will take some getting used to.  It was so nice that the girls were home and able to witness it.  Our previous Bishop bore his testimony and was emotional in his testimony and little Lexi was crying.  She was here for a year and she really liked Bishop Allowitz and her tender heart was touched.  Blake found out accidentally Friday night.  We planned on telling the boys when we knew what Sunday it was happening, but Rick got a text from the stake president and he wrote, Bishop on it.  Blake really took it hard and started crying.  He was worried that his dad won't have time for him anymore.  He said he had been praying that the Lord wouldn't call him, but in his heart he knew that it was going to be him.  We told him that was the Lord was preparing him to support his dad and he would still have plenty of time for him.  After processing for a day, he was ok and was able to be fine today when it took place.  Rick was given a beautiful blessing by the stake president and in the blessing he said that his family would be blessed especially his children.  I was of course bawling at this point.  Rick pointed that out to Blake later.  After sacrament the stake patriarch came up to Rick with tears in his eyes and told him that years ago a stake president had been called and he said the spirit just hit me in the chest that this was the Lord's man.  I had that happen again today when your name was read.  He then gave Rick a huge hug full of love and support which then made Rick emotional.  Our friends/family the Schoenrocks came and were able to be at the setting apart. I was told by several people that they knew that it was going to be him.  Rick has experienced what it means to have the spirit be your constant companion to the point that he wonders if he has heartburn.  But he seriously has been so blessed with the Lords love through this whole process and I am so excited and grateful to witness the growth that he will experience over the next few years.   He was told by President Williams that he would have Bishop Allowitz share his testimony and then have Rick share his, but when he got up there he said, we will hear a few remarks by President Allowitz and then here from Sis Daniels followed by Bishop Daniels.  So I did have to get up and share my thoughts and testimony.  Then during Sunday School we read scriptures in Revelations and it talked about the wards and branches surrounding the Savior in the center and in his right hand he held the stars (or servants or bishops, leaders)  I thought that was a beautiful timely image and I know that Rick will be supported by his Savior as he tries to lead in righteousness.


Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
I've been thinking about you! Rick will Bevan awesome Bishop. So glad you gotva picturecofvhim today. You'll have to compare it to him 5 years from now! You guys will be awesome!
Unknown said…
Such an amazing time for Rick and for your whole family! Bless that little Blakey's heart! Somehow, the Lord compensates with time. Dennis actually had more time with us when he was in the Bishopric than when he's out! I'm so happy that you all get to have such an incredible growing experience! Give that man a big hug from us!
Bozie said…
AGAIN!! I'm sorry for not checking who was signed in! :)

Popular Posts