Came Up Empty (thank goodness)
The boys (Blake especially) wanted to go bow hunting really bad so Rick went and got a license and they headed out this morning around 5:30 to get to our property and stake out. There were several deer when they first pulled up but you can't shoot them with your headlights shining because that is not fair and against the rules. So they waited until it was light and Blake took a shot at a buck and he was a little low. The deer ran off and the rest of the morning, Blake ran around after the deer that ventured out and they were too fast for him. They came home empty handed. I told them that I didn't want to see any of it unless it was wrapped in white paper. So the plan was to take it straight to a processing plant and not stop by here first. I am sure they will try again but to me I just don't understand how you can kill something and not be affected by it. My boys have never experienced that yet so it might be harder than they think. Anyway they had a great time being out in the woods eating donuts and kolaches while they kept their beady eyes open.




Comments