Blake and Caden got in the car today and they were wiped out.  They had a very intense workout at the end of the day.  They said it was the hardest one yet.  Caden kept feeling like he was going to throw up and Blake was light headed.  They said most kids didn't do all the reps but they did every one.  So it was pretty silent on the ride home.  When we were close to home, Blake said, Thanks, mom.  I said oh for what.  He said for just being you.  I wanted to hug that boy straight around the neck but I was driving so that wouldn't have been at all safe, but it sure did make me happy.   He sure loves his dad and usually is a tad disappointed when I pick him up from school, so this little comment was very sweet to hear! It made me think how much just saying thanks means.  I thought how often I fail to express gratitude to those around me and especially to my Heavenly Father.  It is just a nice thing to do!

Comments

Popular Posts