Tidbits
Friday I went to volunteer at the boy's school. This is a new bigger school, 6-8 graders. Well, they loved me coming to the other school that they had attended since kindergarten and would be all offended if I didn't come to parties or field trips. So after my work with the literacy walk, I peeked into the lunchroom and the boys were eating. I started walking toward them and Blake gets this horrified expression on his face and he is side talking out of his mouth eyes darting trying to notify Caden of what was coming. I continued my walk because it would be awkward to turn around at that point. They acted like I had leprosy and barely made eye contact. As I walked away deflated and certainly dejected, I heard classmates ask who I was. I didn't hear their comments but they assured me later that they admitted I was their mom. Can you believe it? I guess I am no longer cool enough to approach them at school. I guess if forget what it is like to be in middle school!!
This morning I was taking care of laundry and saw Caden's tender mercy journal open. He had written for yesterday, "I got the courage to ask Dad why I don't seem to have promptings from the Holy Ghost" I had to hurry and text Rick to see if that indeed happened and Rick said yes and I wanted to make sure Rick took it seriously and gave it the attention that Caden needed.
Today Lexi called me and said "Mom, Coach Goos(soccer coach) approached me and wanted to do a fundraiser for Morgan's mission" What do I say?" This was so sweet of him, this community is majority Baptist and I thought it would be very ironic if they were supporting a "Mormon missionary" Very sweet of him to offer though! Morgan has been getting texts from her high school friends, some concerned about her taking time off from school, some just excited that she is traveling, and some excited that she will be "preaching'.
The funeral was yesterday and I was wiped out by 3pm. I had lots of help though and it was so nice. The family (who are not members) haven't been very keen to see us. Each time I have gone to the house it has been a cool reception. Sunday, I ran breakfast quiches, fruit, and pastry out to her house so as they all hurried to get ready in the morning to get to the chuch by 9:30 they would have food ready. As we went in, she came hurrying into the kitchen and gave me a big hug and asked if we could go into the garage. Rick came with me luckily and she asked him for a blessing to get through and that she would be charitable and kind to her family. Yesterday, the family was really appreciative of the lunch and from what I heard it was delicious. I did try the green beans (made with almonds and lemon) YUM, and the homemade rolls (I have yet to meet a roll I didn't like!) Ham, potato casserole (the good kind with cheese sour cream and cornflakes on top) Ginger knew the family and asked what she could do and I quickly asked if she could make four bundt cakes and decorate them with that thick icing. Then I would just use them for my centerpieces. They were a major hit, she had lemon, chocolate with pudding and choc chips in, a cinnamon one, and marble. All the food left over was boxed and delivered to Wilma's house so that they would have plenty that evening. Hopefully her family could see that we love Wilma and that we are good, christian people!
The boys have spring break this week, but Lexi has it next week. Since they just went snowboarding they are just going to have a nice relaxing week. They had a friend form our neighborhood come over from the ward and they had a blast having an airsoft war at the park, games of tag, eating, running all over the house and now are watching a movie. Rick is going this evening with the boys to meet Chrissy and bring Lizzie and Josh back for some cousin time! Next week lexi and I will be on the hunt for a prom dress during her spring break!
This morning I was taking care of laundry and saw Caden's tender mercy journal open. He had written for yesterday, "I got the courage to ask Dad why I don't seem to have promptings from the Holy Ghost" I had to hurry and text Rick to see if that indeed happened and Rick said yes and I wanted to make sure Rick took it seriously and gave it the attention that Caden needed.
Today Lexi called me and said "Mom, Coach Goos(soccer coach) approached me and wanted to do a fundraiser for Morgan's mission" What do I say?" This was so sweet of him, this community is majority Baptist and I thought it would be very ironic if they were supporting a "Mormon missionary" Very sweet of him to offer though! Morgan has been getting texts from her high school friends, some concerned about her taking time off from school, some just excited that she is traveling, and some excited that she will be "preaching'.
The funeral was yesterday and I was wiped out by 3pm. I had lots of help though and it was so nice. The family (who are not members) haven't been very keen to see us. Each time I have gone to the house it has been a cool reception. Sunday, I ran breakfast quiches, fruit, and pastry out to her house so as they all hurried to get ready in the morning to get to the chuch by 9:30 they would have food ready. As we went in, she came hurrying into the kitchen and gave me a big hug and asked if we could go into the garage. Rick came with me luckily and she asked him for a blessing to get through and that she would be charitable and kind to her family. Yesterday, the family was really appreciative of the lunch and from what I heard it was delicious. I did try the green beans (made with almonds and lemon) YUM, and the homemade rolls (I have yet to meet a roll I didn't like!) Ham, potato casserole (the good kind with cheese sour cream and cornflakes on top) Ginger knew the family and asked what she could do and I quickly asked if she could make four bundt cakes and decorate them with that thick icing. Then I would just use them for my centerpieces. They were a major hit, she had lemon, chocolate with pudding and choc chips in, a cinnamon one, and marble. All the food left over was boxed and delivered to Wilma's house so that they would have plenty that evening. Hopefully her family could see that we love Wilma and that we are good, christian people!
The boys have spring break this week, but Lexi has it next week. Since they just went snowboarding they are just going to have a nice relaxing week. They had a friend form our neighborhood come over from the ward and they had a blast having an airsoft war at the park, games of tag, eating, running all over the house and now are watching a movie. Rick is going this evening with the boys to meet Chrissy and bring Lizzie and Josh back for some cousin time! Next week lexi and I will be on the hunt for a prom dress during her spring break!


Comments
You have been so busy and I'm so glad to read you have the support of a wonderful "3rd counselor" to help you!!!!
Happy prom dress shopping...remember, almost anything can be made modest!