Grateful for my 3rd counselor!
When I received this calling, the Bishop counseled my to rely on my husband for support and help. I sure do and he always comes through for me! While I was in institute class on Tuesday, I received a call informing me that a sister's (in my ward) husband had passed away that morning. This husband three year's ago forbade this sister to have anything to do with the church. She was devasted and wanted to leave. The stake president blessed her and told her the Lord wanted her to stay and that it wouldn't be long (the man was very sick). Three years she has cared for him without being able to go to the temple or attend church. I had only met her once, at our Christmas weekly gathering she was able to come. She is a spunky, wonderful woman. When I got the news, I headed straight to her house. When I got their, the previous Bishop, was already there helping her plan. We were able to organize the funeral, food preparations, getting clothes for him etc. Yesterday, I had Rick run and get stuff for his charro beans and cornbread. I went and got items to take to her that would be helpful for her, tissues, journal, notecards, lotion, a comfy throw, chocolate, gum. I came back made cornbread, had a presidency meeting, delivered cornbread per request to one of my older sisters, delivered beans and cornbread to one of our sisters that had shoulder surgery, and then delivered the basket and dinner to Wilma and her family. I was able to visit with her again. She said, you know where I will be Sunday! In church! She was also planning on joining us for our monthly temple trip the 14th but her brother flying in is leaving that day. I told her we could go again the following week! She is so thrilled to be able to start attending today and it really made me pause and express my thanks for the wonderful supportive husband that I have! We are anxiously awaiting to hear Morgan's call!


Comments