Little bits of Lexi everywhere!




Lexi has been busy with little art projects.  Her large door print is actually a project she did for school but I loved it and framed it for me.  She drew doors representing different countries and within each door there is the word possibilities in that language.  The American door is our iron doors from our last home.  I love the concept of the possibilities in life that await us behind different doors.  Then I found some bird prints I liked in a catalogue and she painted them for me.  She still has to finish one that I had her come up with that has a cedar waxwing and a sparrow from the talk given in our stake conference a year ago.  I wanted a reminder of that talk.  I love being surrounded by Lexi art  I told her I only have pictures of church related things or Lexi art in my home!   One of the sisters I visit teach has a birthday this week and she collects lighthouses.  I have been trying to find something lighthouse related and then it hit me that Lexi could paint me one.  I bought a beautiful frame that will hold a 4 x 6 canvas and Lexi is painting me a lighthouse with stormy skies and crashing waves.  I am attaching the words from the song "brightly beams our father's mercy"    Brightly beams our Fathers mercy from his lighthouse evermore, but to us he gives the keeping of the lights along the shore.  Let the lower lights be burning.  Send a gleam across the wave.  Some poor fainting struggling seamen, you may rescue you may save.

I will post the picture once she finishes it but I think she will love it!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
The lighthouse picture turned out great and I love the frame you put with it! I bet she loved this gift!

Popular Posts