![]() |
| Whenever Lexi does this cute smile, she reminds me so much of Melinda. I think she likes it when I tell her that because Melinda is so dang beautiful! |
So Lexi was at Target with me the other night and she felt spontaneous and bought hair dye. It is the wash out kind so it is kind of safe to use. We bought two boxes and should have gotten three. She has so much hair and I ran out before I got a really good coverage on some of it! She likes it and it was fun to change it up a bit. Lexi was assigned the fall/winter track for Idaho so if she decides to go there she will start in September and finish in April. We are still waiting to see if she gets accepted to Utah the end of February. Then she will have to decide.
Caden was all smiles getting his braces on but by the afternoon he had lost his smile and wanted them off. He said he was thinking "how important is it to have straight teeth anyway?" He really tried to convince us it wasn't worth it. We gave him some Tylenol and that helped a bit. Poor kid! He looked at himself with braces and thought he looked like Tyson! Which in anyone's book is a good thing!
Ellie, being her normal awesome self, is sending us FHE lessons on Sunday. I then forward them to the ladies in my ward and they are so loving them. It really has made us 100% on FHE for this year. YEAH and with little effort on my part! I have made a couple of the desserts, one was homemade oreos, and this week was these cute little owls. My kids are always excited to walk in and see goodies. Of course Blakes were just plain white cupcakes sans icing. He has taken to making cupcakes from a box quite frequently and he tweaks it by adding pudding and then just increasing the other ingredients a little. He really does a good job and they are always very moist! Anyway these lessons have been a life saver!
I am excited for this weekend. Women's Conference Saturday morning and then I go directly to the airport to go see the PACE Family! I didn't pack much into this week as far as relief society, meeting one less active sister for lunch tomorrow. Her husband is also ER dr so we will have that in common. The one little lady I visited sent me a sweet note thanking me for visiting her and for the weekly emails. Even though meeting new people is hard for me, I am being blessed to be able to do it!
I had to give the spiritual thought in institute yesterday and I find it so funny that even though the class is made up of 1/2 men 1/2 women, only women are asked to give the spiritual thought. I have been going for several months and not a man yet! Also in ward council, there are three women to probably 15 men and the women are asked to bring the spiritual thought. Not sure what that means, but it is an observation I have noticed!





Comments