New Beginnings (very fitting)

Young Women had their new beginnings tonight and Lexi was recognized for finishing her Personal Progress.  She has been done for a while except she had to read the Book of Mormon again when they added virtue.  She finished that a month ago.  They give each girl that finished a willow statue and they pick one out they think matches the girl.  Lexi received a new one called "Soar" and it is a girl with her arms out with a bird.  They  talked about how even though she was new to the ward, how much she had added and they new that she would continue to soar no matter where she went. They wanted us to write something about her that they could read I wrote,

Alexis Lauren Daniels arrived in our home two weeks late on Halloween 1994.  It is fitting that such a fun, loving, crazy girl would be born on Halloween.  The minute I held her I knew instantly that I was given a gift.  Little did I know how great a gift she would be.  Lexi is an amazing young woman who is fixed in her testimony.  She is and has always been a valiant spirit and example of the believers.  She is an example of everything virtuous, lovely, and of good report.  Her friends at school when asked who they would pick as a "silent leader" one that leads by example- they chose her.  She was voted class favorite this year.  This is all because of who she is.  To know Lexi is to love Lexi.  Very simple.  She has the ability to be a friend to all, withholding judgement.  Many friends come to her with their problems because they see in her a wisdom beyond her years.  This is what having a testimony and being truly converted has brought to her life.  This past year, I have watched her grow even more in her knowledge and love of the Savior.  She has had moments this year when she has known without a doubt that she is known to her Heavenly father and by her Savior.  They have let  her know in very real and tangible ways.  I know that these experiences have strengthened  her relationship with them and enlarged her testimony.  I am so proud of her and more importantly I know her Heavenly Father is proud of her as well.  


From her dad:
Lexi has a tender heart that is sensitive to the needs of others and to the Spirit.  She truly puts others needs before her own.  She is the proverbial peacemaker who has a talent for helping others get along better when they are in her presence.  She is a tremendous example to me and I look up to her for these gifts.   

It was a fun evening and it really is a start of a new beginning for Lexi and I have no doubt that she will continue to amaze me!

Took Lexi in and had her hair cut and colored professionally.  She hadn't had a trim in over a year.  It so needed it. 

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Beautiful tributes to a beautiful girl! Has she decided yet where she wants to soar....Utah or Idaho???
Bozie said…
i love what you said about lexi loving people and not judging them. that is why people love her so much in return:) she is so Christlike and gives from the heart so naturally!

Popular Posts