Rice & Beans (for Kim)

In a sauce pan add TBS of olive oil, medium yellow or white onion chopped, 1TBS chicken soup base (or 2 sm bouillon cubes) 1 bunch chopped cilantro (leaves only) sauté until onions are clear, add 2 15 oz cans of black beans or 1 large can of beans (GOYA brand preferred) one can diced tomatoes-  simmer 15 minutes.

Avacado Garnish
slice avocados into large pieces julienne
cover with TBS of olive oil and TBS of red wine or apple cider vinegar

For the soup base we use Tones chicken.

For Rice he uses tsp salt, 3TBS oil, 3 cups or rice, 6 Cups of water cook 20 minutes)

Add beans atop rice and then put avocado mixture on top!

Enjoy!

Comments

Kim said…
Thanks Elena! We will make it this week.
Be Thou Humble said…
I will have to try this!
Kim said…
Elena, we made this the other night! It was soooooo good! We are very glad to have this recipe back in our menu rotation. Thanks for the recipe. And guess what? I am doing a write-up in our monthly relief society newsletter on using dry beans in our food storage and I'm using this recipe as an example. I'm calling it Rick's Dominican Beans and Rice! Next time we make it, I'm gonna soak and cook my black beans that I've been ignoring in my food storage.

Popular Posts