Survived

Our ward Christmas Party was tonight and Relief Society was in charge.  I assigned my good friend Peggy to take control, and I could't have asked anyone better.  She got a decorating committee, and food committee, and program committee.  Yesterday was busy for me as I went visiting teaching in morning, ran to Ginger's to get some burlap for decorating, ran to the church to help start decorating, ran to Austin to take my car in , stopped by Sam's to get more plates for party, ran home and put on a dress, ran to the church to prepare food and plates, enjoy the program where my three kids where waiters and waitress.  Blake loved that job and he had our table.  He came up and said "I am Blake Daniels and I will be taking care of you tonight.  Does anyone have Celiac disease??  I about died laughing.  We were served cordon bleu, green bean casserole, rolls, salad and cheesecake.  Bishop called me at 5:30 and said a lady came by his office selling tamales so he bought 60 and wanted to know if he could bring them.  So funny because our new convert happens to be Mexican and was asking if we would be having any tamales!  We could say yes!!  A beautiful program and evening.  We all pitched in and cleaned up and I have about 30 table clothes in the laundry room to wash!    This smiling face is of me on the way to the party and because of awesome people helping, I could smile all night!!

Rick took the picture of the kids in front of a neighbors house and sent it to Morgan saying that he had outdone himself.  She was so impressed until I reminded her who her dad was and that that was not our yard!!  She said "I thought the Santa in the back wasn't really your style!"

Comments

Popular Posts