Lexi had some neat things happen last week.  She was struggling in cross country and the last meet her nemesis beat her for the first time.  She was thoroughly discouraged and everyone was telling her it was because she doesn't get to run with the team and that pushes you.   She was feeling a little bitter about it. She said she didn't understand how when she was sacrificing to put seminary first and she was faithful in keeping the word of wisdom and striving to be  obedient she was not  being blessed with the "run and not be weary" promise.  She saw these other girls who party and do things they shouldn't being successful.  I told her that she needed to not just think those things (because the Lord knows what she is thinking anyway) but to take it to him in prayer and be completely honest with how she is feeling.  I told her that we don't always get immediate blessings for obedience but that the Lord will always keep his promises if we keep ours. I had just read the article from Elder Christofferson where he shared the story of the current bush that Hugh B Brown related.  It so applied to this situation.  So last Friday, they were leaving after school to go to a meet several hours away so they were going to spend the night and then go run Saturday morning.    Her text to me was " I need to thank Heavenly Father.  He seriously has been blessing me all day.  I forgot to pack a toothbrush so I was trying to figure out how I was going to brush my teeth when I walked in the library and there was a brand new unopened  toothbrush just laying on the ground!! Then this morning, Ashley really needed a headband and she left hers at home and so I reached in my pocket and there was this headband.  And I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before! Everyone is joking about switching to Mormonism because they think God looks out for us most!"  She then sent a text saying "I can't believe Heavenly Father looks out for me so personally!"  She also did her best and was in her top spot again.    I am 41 years old and have yet to come upon a toothbrush unopened on the ground.  Such a tender mercy!  I am so grateful when my children get these little glimpses of heaven and have experiences that strengthen their testimonies!

Comments

Bozie said…
sounds like she needed some personal attention from her Father and i've never known Him to not be there! He really does care about the "little" things that most of us wouldn't even notice or think is important to someone!!

Popular Posts