My Soul Delighteth

Had a great weekend! Friday night Rick and I and the Schoenrocks headed to the Dallas Temple. We did some initiatories for Paul's parents and grandparents and then did their endowments. I love being in the temple. We didn't get home until 1 so the girls were asleep, the boys however were still awake. The next morning I just felt amazing. Morgan came in the kitchen where I was cleaning up breakfast and she said you look really happy. I think she was seeing the joy that I was still feeling from the temple. I really want to make an effort to get there more often. I did really good last year and want to increase that this year.

Then today we had a young man from Nigeria visit our ward. He was kind of hard to understand but he served a mission in Russia and made a few comments in our Sunday school class. Whenever he would speak or when others would comment, he just radiated this smile and pure JOY. I would watch him as he would look through his scriptures and the thought came "my soul delighteth in the scriptures". I know that through my daily immersion in the Scriptures and communion with my Heavenly Father, I will desire to attend the temple more often and that will = increased HAPPINESS and JOY in my life

Comments

Bozie said…
beautifully put! i like how morgan noticed your feelings-often our kids dont let us know but they are so aware of how we feel!

Popular Posts