The Joys of Motherhood in all Its Variety!!



Woke up at about 1 this morning to the sound of water going. I thought it was leaking somewhere so I hopped out of bed to investigate. As I headed down the hall, I could tell the water was coming from the upstairs shower. I proceeded up the stairs and the smell of vomit greeted me as I progressed. Blake was in the shower cleaning himself up and his bedding and pajamas were a mess! I woke up Caden and took him down to the guest room to save his little sense of smell and got Blake settled on the couch with towels and a bowl. After seminary this morning, I had the dreaded job of cleaning everything up. I look at my teenage daughters and reflect back to when I was living their life. They would have died if they had to go deal with that this morning or if their sleep was interrupted by a sick child. When you can do that and do it with love and sympathy you have arrived at motherhood! I guess the minute they put Morgan in my arms, I changed. All of a sudden the sun no longer revolved around me. I had someone who trusted in me completely to take care of her every need and it changed me.

On a lighter note, the boys had to make their own valentine card box and they wanted them to be creative. Rick, the boys, and I headed off to Hobby Lobby to get some ideas. Caden came up with the basketball idea and Blake wanted the Hogwarts train. We still need to cut a slit in the top of the train for his cards to go in. As Caden was sticking his hearts all over the box, he said Mom, "I feel my manhood slipping away". I thought I would die laughing. These moments together make all the YUCK times worth every minute.

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
yeah but super cool bball mailbox. The kids will love dunking their cards in! Both turned out great! Sorry about the sickness. NO FUN!!!
Bozie said…
it's so true that motherhood changes a girl! love the boys' boxes-so very creative.
sorry i haven't been on here-i think my computer is slowly dying on me!

Popular Posts