My mom turned 65!

My wonderful little mother turned 65, December 27 and Ellie had an amazing idea which she often does! She had us all come home for Christmas and surprise her with a siblings only party. This party started off with my dad giving her roses (SWEET!) and then we went to the Texas Roadhouse (I had nothing to do with the choice). My dad scared us to death by getting a piece of his steak stuck. He has to have his esophagus stretched periodically and it is time again. I must say it scared me plenty. After that was resolved we went back to moms house and had a FHE where we sang our favorite song growing up "Love at Home" and I tell you we sounded really good... not quite Sound of Music standards but maybe Brady Bunch! We then had gotten my mom several gifts that were wrapped and then each had a little tag attached that would lead to the memory of our childhood. I have them all recorded but some were Mom
Starting each day with our family prayer
Mom stumbles in with half–open eyes
With nightdress askew and disheveled hair
Arms her brood ‘gainst the world – very wise
Kids off to school, house is now quiet
Back to her book, it’s become an obsession
Romance, intrigue, a steady diet
Stashed in the oven, to avoid a confession
She tidies the house, pushing her broom
Baking and cleaning -her homemaking chores
The smell of fresh bread fills every room
Leaving little swept piles on all of the floors
Up to the yodel she sidles to toast
Its dark outside, a cold night in Maine
We’ve seen it before, we tell her ‘too close!’
But, another nightdress goes down the drain
When I think of my mom- makes me wonder
She is one that mere words can’t describe
It’s the feelings I get thinking of her
That make me awfully glad she’s alive
HAPPY 65TH MOTHER DEAREST!!
Love, Elena
It was such a wonderful way to honor a woman who has given me so much throughout my life and is such a great "example of the believers" in word and deed. She truly loves the Lord and makes him the center of her world. Thanks Ellie for thinking of this and making it come out so beautifully.


Comments