Pepper Spray at the Ready

A few weeks ago one of our neighbors was bitten by a dog on her run. After hearing that, Rick bought me a pepper spray gun that is very user friendly. I had one before, but I would totally be dead by the time I actually got it to spray. This morning as I was passing the house where these dogs live, they indeed came charging across the road at me. The old man was saying something to them, but I had my earbuds in so I was frantically trying to get my pepper spray aimed and I dropped it. I picked it up just when Blue and Tiffany reached me. (I since learned their names) They didn't seem too mean and they were wagging their tails so I really didn't want to spray them. I just played it calm and they seemed fine. He then told me their names and I proceeded on my way. As I came past that house on my way back, I had an eagle eye out but they were inside. This was my first encounter and I have gone past that house several times, so hopefully they won't be a problem.

Stake Conference weekend and they are splitting our stake. We have our adult session tonight but I don't think we will find out until tomorrow the details. The church is growing!!


Comments

Bozie said…
oh my goodness! that is always one of my fears about letting the boys go to the park or ride their bikes around-we have so many dogs in the neighborhood and not always on a leash either. i sure hope you don't have any problems-glad you have some sort of protection though!

Popular Posts