Surprising
I picked up some valentines' cards for the kids last week. I wanted Rick and I to write special messages to our children. I often regret that I don't express my feelings more to my children. I daily think about how great they are, but do not let them know often enough. I finally got the messages written with Rick and interestingly enough Rick and I wrote very similar things to the kids without first reading what each other wrote. Today after school I gave Blake and Caden their cards. They were reading them quietly when I notice Blake in the corner of the kitchen crying into my dish towel. I said what is going on buddy. He said I loved that card, I loved what it said. He was all emotional. A reminder of how important it is to tell the most important people in our lives how amazing they are. Blake continues to surprise me daily. I never would have thought he would have responded like that.


Comments