Nuggets (not the chicken variety)

This morning in seminary we were talking about the stripling warriors and how really they were young little boys. I have the picture that Arnold Frieberg did of them and they are all muscular and large. When asked about it he said I painted their outsides to match their insides. I love that. They had such amazing faith because of what they had been taught. Then when I was doing my personal study, I read a scripture in D & C "Wherefore, be not weary in well doing for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. " I thought about my role as a mother and doing the same things day in and day out none of which is spectacular and often goes unnoticed, but as I live the gospel, and have the spirit in my home, and do the basics with my children, I am laying a foundation of a great work. I am raising children who will hopefully have strong testimonies and be able to go up against their own battles with faith and come out conqueror. They might get wounded, they might have some scars, but they will persevere and be able to endure. And I pray that just like the stripling warriors they will say they had a mom who knew. I know that if they are to say that I need to constantly have my actions match my words!!

Comments

Bozie said…
i loved your comments. i didn't know the stripling warriors were little-i thought they were in their early twenties or so. neat comment from the artist. it's true that mothers have the real power to influence the future and are responsible for strengthening those strong spirits reserved to help with the second coming.

Popular Posts