Fairly Happy!! to quote Shark Tales
It is the season for love and my love turns 40 this month. As I looked at him this morning across our dining room table as he was teaching seminary, I thought wow CUTE Guy. He was all silver haired and matching his grey sweater and his blue eyes looked quite sparkly. I was very excited about the eternities because while I am a fan of the great personality and sweet spirit it is also a perk to have someone good to look at forever!! Last night, when Blake walked in from school, he asked what we were doing for Family Home Evening. I told him we were having a work party. He hollered That is stupid (a word we are not to use) and burst into tears. Hence the obvious need for a lesson on work. We talked about when Jesus called his disciples they were busy working fishing, mending nets, anxiously engaged. Then the girls and I worked in a team and Rick took the boys up to their room. I heard him say at one point. Boys, cleaning a bathroom is not that hard. So cute. Blake had a great time and enjoyed Rick helping them. He then started putting his Titanic model together with Rick.
The reason for the fairly happy is my sweet Blake was sent a notice for a parent teacher conference this Thursday. He has been doing so good and his report card is all A's with one B. His reading is improving everyday, but Texas has this TAKS test for reading and math in 3rd grade and if you don't pass you don't pass the grade. Blake is not a good test taker and they have had some practice ones where he hasn't done well. Caden and a few of his friends did not get the conference note so now I have had sleepless nights looking to the future.
The reason for the fairly happy is my sweet Blake was sent a notice for a parent teacher conference this Thursday. He has been doing so good and his report card is all A's with one B. His reading is improving everyday, but Texas has this TAKS test for reading and math in 3rd grade and if you don't pass you don't pass the grade. Blake is not a good test taker and they have had some practice ones where he hasn't done well. Caden and a few of his friends did not get the conference note so now I have had sleepless nights looking to the future.


Comments